Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Starting Week #6: Weigh in & This Week's Challenge

It's Monday again and that means one week is over and new one begins. I hope you guys all had a great week and more importantly a great weekend! I had both a decent week and a decent weekend. When it came to weight loss and eating better, I had a great week! Once again this week I successfully lost weight. Again, I worked hard to fight off cravings and really watched what I ate. I know this weekend was also suppose to be my reward, but I didn't reward myself yet. I think I will go for that delicious poutine this weekend though. The reason I did not was because I went out for a work supper on Friday. The food was delicious but it wasn't very healthy. It was a high end Greek restaurant. We ate lamb, chicken, lots of bread, fried calamari, octopus and fried honey balls for dessert. Since I know I don't eat there often (once a year for these work outings), I decided it was a good time to splurge and not hold back. However, since I did that, I also told myself that I wasn't going to have the poutine on Saturday night. It was a difficult decision to make but it was well worth it in the end.

Weight: 229.6     Loss: -3.4lbs

Honestly, I haven't felt this great in years. I feel lighter, my clothes fit looser and i'm sleeping better. These are all great feelings and they definitely outshadow all those times I was fighting cravings in my head.

Last week's challenge went great! I didn't add any salt on anything. And to be quite honest, I got by just fine. I still am a salt lover and I won't lie by saying that I won't overdo sometimes but I will definitely think twice about it. Many foods are great just the way they are. This week, my challenge is to eat 5 portions of fruits and vegetables each day.

Oh, I almost forgot. Later this week I will share with you a delicious, healthy and filling recipe for a simple chick pea soup. I made it on Saturday and my girlfriend and I loved it!

Have a good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment