Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Starting Week #9: Weigh in & This Week's Challenge

OK guys, I need your help. I'm gonna cut out all the crap this week and get right to it. This past week I went overboard. Way overboard. So overboard that i'm embarrassed and ashamed at myself. I need ALL of you to help me out. Any tips, advice, websites, etc. will help. I've gotten to that point in my weight loss where it's make it or break it. It happens every time I try to lose weight. I do well for a week, two week, a month but then one day, it's like a switch goes off in my head head that says to go back to old habits. I don't like old habits and I don't like myself when I return to them but I can't help it sometimes. I want this time to be different. This past week was an eating frenzy! I don't know what got into me and why I felt the need to eat like man with no satiety but I did. Look, the past cannot be changed, what's done is done and what weight I put on cannot be removed instantaneously. Anyways, there's no hiding it so I mine as well just come out and say it.


Weight: 230.8     Gain: +3.6lbs

Now, i'm not defending myself, my actions or my thoughts for last week, but I will say this. Last night (about 10 hours before I weighed myself) I ate a whole bowl of popcorn in which I added salt. Obviously this made me very thirsty so I drank lots of water. Throughout the day yesterday I realized that I ate some pretty salty things. Now, what i'm thinking is that some of the weight that I gained is coming from water retention because of the salty foods I ate. I know, I know this is not an excuse you're absolutely right but i'm just trying to justify the large amount of weight I gained.

Overall this was a horrible week in terms of food, staying on track and eating well. I ate barely any fruits and veggies and I overate almost everyday. At night, I also binged a few times. Honestly, I have no explanation of why I did this. I won't lie and say I cried myself to sleep at night and that I felt horrible for doing it. No. Instead, I will say that it felt good to eat and drink what I wanted. It felt good to not have to watch out all the time. It felt good for about 3 minutes. After that, I felt horrible. I felt like a failure, like I was throwing away all my hard work, and I felt like I was letting myself down. I know i'm better than that and I know the "feel good" time is not worth it in the end. I even had a stomach ache on 2 days. That's why I need your support and your help.

In the challenge department I did pretty well. I did not read the book everyday for 15 minutes because I forgot the book at work for the weekend. However, during the week I read the book for over an hour each day so it makes up for what I did not read on Saturday and Sunday. This week's challenge will be difficult challenging and less measurable than the other challenges. This week's goal will take will power, concentration, positive self talk and motivation. This week's challenge is getting back on track with eating healthy, smaller portions and losing weight. Simple enough and I don't need to explain any further.

Once again, please send me your positive vibes, your well wishes and any words of encouragement. I will truly and deeply appreciate them and use them as motivation.

Here's to a better week! Take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment