Monday, February 20, 2012

Starting Week #8: Weigh in & This Week's Challenge

So this week was a very stressful week to say the least. I knew it would be just from the way last week started. However, I did my best to stay on track with my weight loss. I ate as well as I could and all I kept thinking about was the weight I GAINED last week. I was letting it act as a motivator to me. It was a great motivator as I got right back on track. Even after all the stress I did manage to lose weight this past week.

Weight: 227.2     Loss: -2.6lbs

In this past week I also went out to eat once and went to a hall party once. I ate quite a bit at both and the hall party also included lots of alcohol. To tell you the truth, I did not hold back at all that night and I do not regret it at all. I had a great, memorable night with friends. Also, one little, teeny weeny addition to this week: I GOT ENGAGED! After 9 years with my beautiful girlfriend, I can now call her my fiance!

As for the challenge, I completed it in part. My goal was to go to the gym 3 times. I did go to the gym, however I only went 2 times. I got a good sweat out of it each time and felt accomplished. I was suppose to go for the 3rd time on Sunday but the stress was too overwhelming and I was not thinking about that at all. Not a good excuse but I was pretty helpless to the stress.

This week's challenge will be a little different. Instead of it being a weight loss challenge, it will be a general well being challenge. I have a very good book about worrying and stress. I know it could help me at least a little by reading it so my challenge is to read this book on stress and worry every single day for at least 15 minutes. Another reason I put this as a challenge is because I very rarely read and if I start a book, I usually give up on it after a few days. Putting it as a challenge will motivate me to read it!

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment