Monday, January 23, 2012

5 Tips for the Weighing Process

Over the years, i've compiled a few simple tips that will help you monitor your weight loss better. Weighing in properly seems like a simple enough task, but many people do it "wrong". When I started weighing myself at home, I realized that I would get inconsistent readings and eventually I compiled a list of things that I can do to help that. Here is that list:
  • Weigh yourself at the same time in the day. Do not weigh yourself at 6 p.m. one week and at 6 a.m. the next. I suggest weighing in in the morning as soon as you wake up.
  • Weigh yourself with the same clothes every week. Weighing in with your underwear will give more accurate results.
  • Try to keep your scale on the same part of the floor at all times. Put it somewhere that doesn't disturb others, but keep it there, in the same place at all times.
  • Try not to weigh yourself daily as it can quickly become an obsession. In addition, weighing yourself everyday can give you negative feedback about how your week is going when in reality you might have just drank a little more water that day. I suggest weighing in once a week.
  • Jump on the scale confidently! Own your weight. If you lost, great. If you gained, well let that be a motivator and think back at your week and where you could improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment