Monday, January 30, 2012

Starting Week #5: Weigh in & This Week's Challenge

Let me start off by saying i've been lazy. I haven't written an entry in a week! I have no other explanation besides sheer laziness. Well, I have been busy! I've been busy losing weight! Ok, I can hear the crickets on that one...

Anyways, today is Monday and that means the end of one week and the start of another. In terms of eating, it was awesome. I controlled my cravings (most of the time), ate healthy most of the time and drank lots of green tea and water. I had no real special events this week either which helped me out quite a bit. The weekend, once again, proved to be a little difficult but I made it through. Friday night we went over to a friend's house and of course she had some delicious sweets on the table. I did have the sweets and I didn't really hold back either. I didn't over exaggerate but I did enjoy myself. Saturday night I got together with some other friends and they also had some snacks on the table as we played board games. I had a few candies (2 or 3) and half a glass of cola. That's it! One thing that is important to mention is that to compensate for the extra calories I took in during those times, I took in quite a few less calories during those days.

So that bring us to the question, did I lose weight this week? The answer is simply yes.

Weight: 233.0     Loss: -2.8lbs

This brings my total to 12.4lbs lost! I am very proud of myself, and I will admit ti did take lots of hard work and effort. Is it worth it? Hell yea! I feel better, look better and I fit into clothes I didn't fit into before. I even have to get rid of some clothes because they are too loose on me now! It's a great feeling.

A couple of weeks ago, I also set my rewards. My rewards were set at 10, 20 and 30lbs. Well, I have surpassed that 10lb mark so that means its poutine time for me! For those who don't know, poutine is a Quebecois specialty which consists of french fries topped with cheese curds topped with gravy. DELICIOUS! I now know what i'm doing on Saturday night!

Last but not least, it's time to talk about weekly challenges. In this aspect, I was a total failure. I did not go to the gym at all. I wanted to, but my mind was simply not there. There is no valid excuse for not going so I won't try and make one up. The week has come and gone and I can't take back what's been done (or not done in this case) but I can set myself another goal for this week. This week's challenge will be not to add extra salt to any meals or snack food. If the meal has salt in it, then fine, but I will not add more salt to what is already in it. I love salt and I usually put more than I should but I know this is not good for water retention. Some may argue that it isn't good for blood pressure either but evidence is inconclusive. Either way, I am going to cut down on my sodium intake this week!

Hope all of you had a great Monday and i'll catch you guys later this week. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment