Monday, January 16, 2012

Starting Week #3 - Weigh in & This Week's Challenge

This past week has been a success in general. There were some days I felt deprived, some days I felt excellent and other days where I gave in to cravings. However, most of my cravings remained cravings and I did not satisfy them! I also continued my habit of drinking lots of water and I also incorporated lots of green tea.

What about last week's challenge of eating breakfast every day? That was also accomplished 100%. I ate breakfast everyday, and healthy breakfasts at that.

That leaves me with one last thing: my weight. So, did I lose yet again, or did I pack on the pounds because of my rare evening binge? Well, once again, I lost weight!

Weight: 240.4     Loss: -1.2lbs

You think that I would be jumping up and down for joy right? Well, to tell you the truth, when I saw that number on the scale, I wasn't. I felt a tad discouraged because I felt that I did (almost) everything right last week. I thought I was going to lose at least 2 pounds. I was feeling happy, but kind of discouraged at the same time. Then I thought to myself, at least I lost! I turned my negativity into positivity and I let that motivate me to do even better this week! I will continue to eat well, drink lots of water and green tea and I know my hard work will continue to pay off. Hey, I am still lighter than I was last week at this time!

Training your mind to staying positive is extremely difficult for me. It is something I have dealt with all my life as most people around me would call me a pessimist. I would like to argue that and call myself a realist, but that is a story for another day. In this case, ONLY positivity will work. There is no room for negativity at all. Working harder and better is all I can do right?

This brings me to my last point, and that is my weekly challenge. I was thinking what can I do that will help me lose weight and correct my mistakes from last week? Well, last week, most of binging was done in the evening. I'm sure that this is what allowed me to lose only 1.2lbs (i'm not being negative here, just stating a fact). This is nothing new to me as I would go as far as saying that I am addicted to eating at night. Sometimes, I feel like I cannot control my urges, however this week will be different. I will not eat anything after 9:00 p.m. this week. This will be my most difficult challenge yet and I will give you updates during the week letting you know how it goes.

That is all for now, have a good night and stay positive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment